Monday, March 21, 2011

My Cars

I thought I'd start this off sharing a bit of info about my own personal vehicles. Word of warning - they're nothing exciting.

First up would be my fun car: a 1991 Nissan 240sx SE, as seen below when I first purchased it in early 2006.


I bought it 100% bone stock. After blowing up the stock motor roughly a year after purchase, I began turning it into what it is today:
As you can't see from this picture, it's had a bit of work done since I first bought it. Modification list is as follows:

Engine:
Redtop SR20DET
Factory bottom end
Cometic metal head gasket
Arp head studs
JWT S4 camshafts

Turbo:
Garrett GT2871R .86a/r
Megan Racing tubular manifold
Megan Racing o2 housing
Off-Brand 3" exhaust
GReddy Intercooler and piping
HKS SSQV blowoff valve
HKS air filter

Fuel:
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Deatschwerks 550cc fuel injectors
Nismo adjustable fuel pressure regulator
z32 fuel filter

Electronics:
Factory ECU with ROM tune
z32 MAF sensor
Apexi SAFC I
AEM UEGO Wideband guage
Autometer boost, water temp, and oil pressure gauges

Drivetrain:
Exedy Stage I organic clutch
Nismo short throw shifter
Infiniti J30 VLSD and axles

Suspension:
Tein S-Tech lowering springs
KYB GR2 shocks
Sportmax 501 wheels 16x8 +20
300zx TT wheels w/ Mickey Thompson ET Street 26x10.5x16 for racing



Well I think that's everything. All that has gotten me a best of 12.3 @ 115mph at the local drag strip. Not too shabby I suppose. It needs a little TLC,  but my ultimate goal on this particular setup is to dip into the 11's with it, so we'll see how that goes in the future. But for now, I guess I'll show off the daily driver too.

This bad boy right here:




Is a 1995 Mercury Villager GS. Also known as the ManVan GTR.





This was given to me by my mother a few years ago when she bought a new car. I decided to embrace the minivan. It is now covered in racing stickers, has a stereo system with two $30 subwoofers, neon lights, and a disco ball.






Well those are my cars. Like I said, nothing too incredibly exciting, but whatever. Vehicles to be discussed in future posts include, but are not limited to: 700whp EVO's, turbocharged Mustangs, single turbo RB26 swapped 240sx's, custom fabricated and LSx swapped RX7's, C63 AMG's, etc. Hopefully you'll stop back later on and enjoy stories and such, or mainly just me rambling on about pointless stuff. I've also posted a link to a short video that gives a taste of the things to come as the spring/summer months progress. Thanks for stopping by!





*All activities depicted were performed by trained professionals either on a closed course, in the country of Mexico, or were computer generated*

No comments:

Post a Comment